The Principals: Eric Griggs
Eric N. Griggs, CPA - Founding Partner
- Ennis Pellum & Griggs, P.A. 1989-2003
- Ernst & Young, LLP 1982-1989
Education & Certification
- Bachelor (Accounting) - Ohio State University
- Certified Public Accountant Florida
- Certified Public Accountant Ohio
- Professional Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Associates Builders & Contractors
- First Coast Manufacturing Association
- Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida
Eric is the firm's Founding Partner. Prior to forming The GriggsGroup, Eric was the Managing Partner and Director of Tax Services for Ennis, Pellum and Griggs. Eric began his public accounting career with Ernst & Young 26 years ago and spent nearly eight years there. He was a Tax Manager and the Director of Tax Education in their Jacksonville office. While there Eric was in charge of providing a wide range of tax services to various Jacksonville companies.
Eric has worked extensively throughout his career with closely held businesses and their owners. Additionally, while at Ernst & Young, Eric was the Manager on several publicly traded companies including Florida Rock Industries, St. Joe Co., Florida East Coast Railroad and Ryans Family Steakhouses.
Eric has served on the State Committee on Federal Taxation of the Florida Institute of CPAs and is a past chairman of the Jacksonville Chapter's Committee on Federal Taxation and its Public Relations Committee. He has authored various articles for business publications and has appeared as an expert witness in the area of taxation. He has also been on the Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida, a member of the American Institute of CPAs Personal Financial Planning Division and the Federal Income Tax Division. Eric currently serves as the Chairman of the Board for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.